Pelayo Díaz for Katelovesme.net
A Saint Martin’s school graduate in fashion & design and katelovesme.net editor Pelayo Díaz represents in every sense what we call an it-boy. Pelayo loves introducing to his 10,500 daily followers new brands, trends and looks an this is exactly what he has done for the Style Me Up project- presenting the Spring Summer ‘11 Meltin’ Pot collection ’11 and to celebrate it’s recently relaunched online store.
London is such an inspiring city, you can spend a whole day just people watching while seating at a café in Shoreditch.
The three looks I’ve worn are the kind of clothes I’d choose to walk around East London in, where I live. For an easy look around Brick Lane I love a check short sleeve shirt like CLIFF the PRESTON denim shorts, as I feel relaxed yet trendy. For lunch with friends at Spitalfields Market, a summery yet not too heavy look- the white MP002 jeans and the MS002 shirt, light and comfy. And for a walk around the gorgeous Columbia Rd’s flower market on a Sunday nothing better than this MJ001 denim jacket with a pair of beige MP006 trousers, an easy jet set London fitted look.
- Don’t forget about the accessories, a nice silk little scarf around your neck will make an outfit complete without looking too planned.
- Leave aside unbuttoned shirts and jackets but with the first, and sometimes second, button undone.
- Roll up all your long trousers and shirts, even if they are the right length for an instant cool look.
- Bags are also for men! Carry your own bag and make all the girls jealous.
- Clothes are important but nothing is more impressive that an impeccable quiff. Watch always for new hairstyles.
- Guys with nail polish are the biggest statement you can make.
- Wear belts over jackets and coats for a more interesting shape.
- Personal favourite: wear shorts during winter
- Choose t-shirts or shirts with a touch of camouflage or liberty flower prints.
- Always walk around with something in your hand like your phone or a moleskine.